Epstein Family Alumni Center
3607 Trousdale Parkway, TCC 305
Los Angeles, CA 90089-3106
USC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
For the 2016-2017 academic year, we awarded $184,000 in scholarships to 78 USC undergraduate and graduate students. These students showed a commitment to serve the Asian Pacific community and demonstrated exceptional academic merit. Within this class, 9 Asian Pacific cultures and 49 majors are represented. Nearly 60% qualify to receive need based financial aid.
The application period for the 2017-2018 academic year has ended. Please check back in October for the 2018-2019 scholarship application.
Please check back in October to apply for the 2018-2019 academic year.
*USC Asian Pacific Alumni Association (APAA) scholarship applicants must be a full-time student (undergraduate, transfer, graduate or professional) enrolled in a USC degree program for the entire 2017-2018 academic year (fall and spring semesters). Incoming first-year students who have not enrolled at the time of application are not eligible.
*Applicant must have achieved a minimum of an overall 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in his/her course work. (USC Medical students who do not receive grade points are exempt).
*Applicants of all ethnic backgrounds are eligible for consideration. Additional positive consideration will be given to Asian Pacific students or students who have shown a commitment to the Asian Pacific community. Scholarships are awarded using both merit and need-based criteria.
*Scholarship awards are not guaranteed from one academic year to another. All recipients are required to re-apply on an annual basis for scholarship awards.
*Immediate family members (parent, child, spouse or sibling) of current USC Asian Pacific Alumni Association Board of Directors, staff or scholarship committee members do not qualify.
All applications, including all supporting documents, must be received no later than 6:00 p.m. PST February 17, 2017. NO exceptions will be made. Applications and/or supporting documents that are late or incomplete WILL NOT be evaluated.
APAA SCHOLAR EXPECTATIONS
• Volunteer a minimum of 15 hours for the APAA during the academic year in which they receive their scholarship. These hours are fulfilled by directly participating in programs produced by the APAA.
• Remain in good university standing (conduct and academics).
• Write a letter of gratitude to the donor of their particular scholarship award.
• Attend the Annual Scholar Reception in the fall of 2017 and the APAA Scholarship and Awards Gala in the spring of 2018.
• February 17, 2017 - Application deadline. Application form and all supporting documents must be received by this date.
• Late-March, 2017 – New applicant finalists will be selected for a personal interview. (Renewal applicants will not need to participate in an interview)
• Early-June, 2017 - All applicants will be notified of a decision via a letter in the mail.
• August, 2017 - Fall award applied to student's university tuition account (50% of total award).
• January, 2018 - Spring award applied to student's university tuition account (50% of total award).
MORE QUESTIONS? Click here for our FAQs or call 213-740-6380
USC Asian Pacific Alumni Association