"The battle for freedom and full acceptance in all segments of American life must begin anew every morning. All kinds of viable tools must be used to close the gap between the haves and the have-nots in our society. One of the most formidable of these tools is a good education at USC. The Black Alumni Association has launched out on an unending mission to support worthy African American students. All who believe in this thrilling venture are asked to come and go with us!"
–Rev. Dr. Thomas Kilgore, Jr., Founder
BAA NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS
Save the Date and RSVP Now:
4th Annual Black, Green, & Gold
“Shaping and Sharing Our Leadership in
Multicultural and Global Societies”
RSVP Now |
Friday, March 28, 2014
Davidson Conference Center
For info: 213-740-8342
Conference fee: $15.00
Scheduled Participants include:
- Nolan Rollins, President, CEO Los Angeles Urban League
- Hon. Mayor Aja Brown, City of Compton
- Hon. Isadore Hall, Assy. 64th District
- Hon. Reggie Jones-Sawyer, Assy. 59th District
- Dr. Valerie Little, Academic Researcher:
- Lionel Savage,CEO, Lionheart Consulting Group, LLC
- Tunua Thrash-Ntuck, Executive Director, West Los Angeles
- Keith Murray, CEO Vendor Resource Management/PVC Murcor
- Karen Collins, President, Collins Collaboration, LLC
- Pastor Mark E. Whitlock, II, Christ Our Redeemer AME Church
- Lance Triggs, Division President, HOPE Financial Dignity Centers and Chief Executive Officer,
...A cultural think tank conversation featuring leaders, students and USC Black alumni.
|The Gift that Makes a Difference!
|CALLING ALL BLACK TROJAN ALUMNI:
USC BAA COMMITTEES SEEK YOU!
- Would You Like to Assist USC Black Students in Reaching Their Full Potential By Becoming A Mentor?
- Do You Have An Interest in Working on Large Scale Alumni Events?
- Are You Interested in Making a Profound Difference in the Life of a Black USC Student by way of Scholarship Support?
- Does the Prospect of Recruiting Future USC Alumni Sound Appealing?
If so, please contact the appropriate individuals below:
USC BAA Legacy through Leadership programs include Mentoring, Toastmasters Club, and Dialogues:
Patrice Theard, Assistant Director email@example.com
(213) 821-1526 office
For the BAA Mentoring Program Fact Sheet, click here.
Recruitment and Retention:
Last March, the USC BAA Team had the distinct privilege to meet two of Nelson Mandela’s grandsons, Ndaba and Kweku, when they were in Los Angeles fundraising on behalf of the Nelson Mandela Foundation. We thought you might enjoy some of the pictures from their visit with us, as we took them over to the Coliseum to envision the gravitas of the setting when their grandfather spoke to Los Angeles in 1990. They were incredibly gracious, and their visit with us was awe inspiring. We will never forget it. We wish them the best as they carry forward their momentous legacy. They are the future of world peace, as are all of our young people!